The Washington State Combined Fund Drive (CFD) is the payroll contribution program for state and higher education employees and retirees. This program allows employees to make donations via check, credit card and payroll deduction to their favorite charities. Since 1984, Washington State public employees and retirees have generously donated more than $150 million to charity through the CFD.
Upon request, your information will be kept confidential. Otherwise the CFD will send your name to the charities you specified to allow them the opportunity to acknowledge you for your pledge.
Your donation goes to the charity or charities that you have chosen. If you choose to donate to the CFD Non-Specified Fund (aka, the CFD general fund - 0316854), we utilize those funds to offset our administrative costs to charities at the end of the year.
The CFD, like many nonprofits, has an administrative fee to cover costs like rent, salaries, training materials and more. This charge is administered to member charities in the program receiving funds. In 2021, the administrative fee was 8.75%. To learn more about the CFD's costs check out our 2021 Annual Report.
Click here to view the 2021 CFD Annual Report.
Absolutely! This can easily be done when you make your donation using our online system.
Yes! Retirees who receive retirement benefits through the Department of Retirement Systems (DRS) can continue their CFD donations through deduction from their retirement. Additionally, retirees can donate to their favorite charity by writing a check. For more information please contact the CFD office at (360) 902-4162 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org..
Yes. Every donation made through the CFD is tax deductible. Just keep track of the proper paperwork and you can deduct your donations when you file your taxes. Each February, the CFD issues donors a record of their donations to the email address on file with us. The CFD suggests that you make sure to consult your tax advisor if you have any questions regarding the deductibility of your donations.
The CFD provides easy and convenient ways to give to your favorite charity or your community.
· Monthly payroll deduction: Your contribution is deducted from each payroll or pension check from January through December and does not stop until cancelled. Donations roll over into the new year.
· One-Time payroll deduction: This deduction is taken from your next available payroll check if no date is specified.
· Limited-Time payroll deduction: This deduction runs for a period of time based on the dates you specify you'd like your donation to begin and end.
· Personal check: Checks must be made payable to the CFD or Combined Fund Drive.
· Credit or debit card: Donors may give by credit or debit card at fundraisers. Credit and debit card information is not stored.
· Volunteer: Help with the CFD campaign and give your time to any charity.
Yes! This feature is available to all those that wish to pay via credit for one-time payments and fundraising events. These payments will go to the designated charity for fundraising and disaster relief campaigns.